As an exceptional measure, every musician auditioning will be judged by the artistic team of the RondoFest 2021, and will also receive individual written feedback from a member of the audition panel.
The 2021 audition process has been developed as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic to ensure safety, but also as a way for young musicians to experience the audition process as immersive as possible. In advance of the submission deadline, we will provide a series of online workshops to aid the preparation and recording process.
30 Jan 2021, 8pm | Zoom
6 Feb 2021, 8pm | Zoom
- Perform all required excerpts in one take and in the listed order, without piano accompaniment or orchestra backing track. Access the excerpts here.
- Must be video recorded; audio-only recordings will be rejected.
- Must have been recorded in or after January 1, 2021; a performance or recording before the date will not be accepted.
- Make sure the video is in a high quality; edited or enhanced recordings will be rejected.
- Must be .mp4 or .mov format, and at least a resolution of 1280 x 720.
- Choose a calm, quiet, and comfortable room that has the least disturbance from the outside world, eg traffic noise, neighbours, etc.
- Dress appropriately for the video, strictly no shorts, singlets, slippers, pyjamas etc.
- Upload the recording to YouTube and publish as ‘unlisted’. Submit the YouTube link here.
- Keep a copy of your video file, until the results are announced.
- Built-in mics and camera of the smartphone is a good way to start.
- Use your phone’s back camera (not the selfie camera).
- Record in landscape and make sure your microphone is not covered when recording.
- Make sure you have enough storage on your phone/device.
- Put your Airplane Mode or Do Not Disturb mode on, so that no one can interrupt your recording.
- Make sure your video recording meets all requirements and you are happy with the quality before you upload.
- Watch and listen to your video recording before submission.
- Submit link of your recording here.
- Be aware that very large files can take significant amounts of time to upload.
- Submit ahead of time. Your upload could be delayed depending on your internet connection.
- Incomplete applications at the deadline will not be accepted.
- A confirmation email will be sent to your email. We will contact you via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure that you are able to receive email from this address.
- Audition results and seating placement will be announced on 16 April 2021.
- If you do not receive any notification (after checking your spam/junk folder), please contact us immediately.