MALAYSIAN WIND MUSIC PRIZE 2021
The 7th edition of the Malaysian Wind Music Prize is here! Audition for an opportunity to grow as a wind player and musician, developing the necessary skills to succeed in the Malaysian classical music scene. The 2021 edition will offer two categories: solo and ensembles.
ABOUT THE PRIZE
The prize is proudly sponsored by ABRSM, hosted by Kojereeds and presented by The Rondo Production. The aim of this prize is:
A total grant of RM10,000 will be awarded to cover necessary costs incurred in the preparation of winners’ commitments across both categories.
* Funding amount subject to change. Terms and conditions apply.
CATEGORY A - ENSEMBLE
Cancelled for 2021 edition
CATEGORY B - SOLO
Total duration of 2 pieces should be at least 10 mins, but no more than 15 mins
- Open to all Malaysian wind instrumentalists.
- Musician should be Malaysians by nationality.
- Videos must have been filmed between 1 February 2021 and 31 July 2021.
- The age of the musician must remain below 35 years old, as of 1 January 2021.
- Allowed to take part in both Category A & B.
SELECTION OF WORKS
2 contrasting movements from original literature of your instrument, including 1 unaccompanied solo and 1 with pre-recorded backing track or minus-1, not exceeding the duration limit. Auxiliary & secondary instruments are not allowed.
APPLICATION & DEADLINES
Before 30 April 2021:
Submit the following details
- Repertoire list of works which will subsequently be submitted as part of the audition tape
- Please send us an enquiry if you are not sure if your music is suitable for the audition.
Before 31 July 2021:
Submit video recording, containing repertoire as listed in your application via this form >> Click here
- The video recording should not be edited and should be recorded in one take.
- The length of the recording should not exceed the stipulated duration specified for each category.
- This recording should be uploaded to a YouTube channel with the highest possible quality and the “unlisted” setting engaged.
- A link to the YouTube video should be attached together in the submission.
- The quality of the performance is paramount. Use the best equipment available and select the best acoustic for the job.