Composing for the Trombone
22 Jan, 7:30pm MYT
Zoom Video Conferencing
The session will cover:
- Demonstrations on the technical aspects of the instrument (sound, range and color)
- Explanations on techniques — what they consider to be easy, hard, or “trombonistic” repertoire
- Application of extended techniques and mutes
- Careful considerations before writing for trombones
- Examples of some of the great and iconic pieces for trombone written by other composers
About the Programme
Sponsored by ABRSM, Lance Low, the winner of the Malaysian Wind Music Prize 2021 and a bass trombonist of Oulu Symphony Orchestra will be presenting a sharing session for composers interested in writing for trombone in the 21st century. This workshop is tailored for composers who are interested in writing for trombones or low brass.
The Malaysian Wind Music Prize is proudly sponsored by ABRSM, hosted by Kojereeds and presented by The Rondo Production. The aim of this prize is to provide an opportunity to grow as a wind player and musician, developing the necessary skills to succeed in the Malaysian classical music scene.
Limited spaces available.